MY THOUGHTS ON THE MEANING OF THE THIRD DAY




Sitting at my desk in the office right now and really thinking about what the third day means to me. A lot of people might not understand the significance of this day. To them, it is just like any other day or just another Sunday. 

So here is my thought,... Christ was proclaimed by Prophet Elijah that He would come and save the whole world, restore us back to the Father (God) since the incident that happen in the Garden of eden caused a break in direct communication. I am not a bible scholar, so I might not get all the prophets that came before Christ right but I know in Isaiah 9:6

- For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


The verse above talked about the birth of Jesus Christ and you might be wondering why I had to go all the way back. If you don't understand the reason of his birth, then one might not get the purpose and the necessity to his death.

Christ had to die for us to be restored back to God. To restore us back to the Garden of Eden. Am sure you are thinking..." Garden of Eden?". Yes, I am not mistaken. Eden is not a place. Why do you think archeologists, geographer, scientist and what have you are still searching for the Garden of Eden. I thought it was a place too myself until I listened to one of the late Myles Munroe's messages titled "The Power of a Woman"  where he made me understand that Eden is the "Presence of God". It is not a physical place or a location. It is an atmosphere filled and charged with the presence of God.

Enough of my digression.

" Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name." 
Luke 24:46-47

The third day symbolizes the resurrection of the Son of God, Jesus Christ. A lot of us definitely have heard the name Jesus before and the circumstance surrounding his birth and purpose of it but for reference sake and those who might not have heard, please go to the book of Matthew 1:18-25.

Jesus Christ came and preached just has it was prophesied. He was also persecuted and crucified just as it was suppose to be. He then died on a certain day which I presume is a Friday hence the "Good Friday" John the Baptist the fore runner of Christ and one of those who proclaimed the birth, death and resurrection of Christ said he was to die and come back to life the third day which then happens to be on a Sunday- Easter Sunday.

"Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal and new life." -
Janine di Giovanni

"According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 
1 Peter 1:3

What I'm simply saying is that, no matter what you have done or doing at the moment, if you truly believe in Christ and have a true repentance spirit, you can ask him to come into your life. Believe me all those sins are and will be wiped away and he will never remember them again.

I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, And I will not remember your sins.
-Isaiah 43:25

For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”
-Hebrews 8:12

What the third day means to me is a day like any other that I honestly take an account of my life, go through my journey in life and retrace my steps back to Christ where I had stepped out of track. It is a day that makes me sober remembering what he went through to redeem us back to God while we were yet sinners and didn't even know what we were doing. It is day I appreciate his love for me specially. 

This is not to say that I don't do this on other days but this day is like that alarm clock that goes off in the morning to wake you up. IT IS A WAKE UP CALL.

Shalom...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DENIM INSPIRED WEEKEND LOOKS

Tips on becoming a "Pro" Kisser

GETTING RID OF STRETCH MARKS NATURALLY