NATURAL HAIR JOURNEY WITH NIKKI ANYANSI


A lot of ladies these days are going natural and believe me you, it can be a struggle to maintain. I am definitely part of that team that finds it challenging to copy with my natural hair. If it is not dry today, it is shedding tomorrow and many more things .

But the deal is, I love my hair and I am enjoying my journey so far. I like seeing others with long beautiful hair and listening to them on their daily routine, wash days and the products they use. It inspires me and encourages me not to give up on the my hair and try out new things till I can finally decide on the regime to follow and products to use.

Anyways, the post is not about my hair but about this gorgeous  lady called Nikki Anyansi, a blogger and fashion enthusiast that I admire a lot. You might have noticed this if you follow my blog and fashion page on instagram. She's got a beautiful and  healthy hair.  To be honest with you, anytime I hair  her talk about her hair and any product, I always get that product.


Read below her conversation on  her hair and the journey so far.



Question 1 – When did you go natural?
Nikki – I had been natural since birth, but decided to relax my hair when I entered secondary school, I think at the age of 13. It was becoming a struggle to take care and my mum who knew how to handle it had passed away. I had the relaxed phase till about 3 years ago when I started afresh.
Question 2 – How did you end up with this kind of hair?
Nikki – This is the most common question I get.  The secret to this hair stems from my lineage. Both of my parents are mixed with Scottish, Irish and french blood.
Question 3 – How do you manage your hair as full as it is?
Nikki – My hair texture is pretty soft and it’s not really a struggle to handle.
Question 4 –  Do you have a natural hair routine? 
Nikki – I don’t really have a natural hair routine, I just use any random shampoo and conditioner to wash my hair, but my favorite products will definitely be the African Pride shampoo, leave-in-conditioner and conditioner. It is pretty amazing as it makes my hair a bit softer and gives it a very light shine.
Question 5 – Do you ever use heat on your hair and does it affect the texture?  
Nikki – Yes I almost always use heat on my hair and no it doesn’t affect the texture, rather it gives it a more silkier look and feel.
Question 6 – What products do think are best for growing out natural hair?
Nikki – Well I don’t really know how to answer that, I feel every product has their specific benefits. I might recommend some products for you that on the long run, may not eventually work for you. While to another person, It will be a testimony. But I always recommend the ever diligent coconut oil, Jamaican castor oil and African Pride leave-in-conditioner.
Question 7 – You always leave your hair out, doesn’t it cut due to the weather?  
Nikki – The truth is that I love leaving my hair out but sometimes the weather is too hot to cope with, but the times when I leave my hair out, nothing happens to it.
Question 8 – Have you been tempted to cut your hair?
Nikki – No I haven’t really. Its part of my brand now and I don’t see any reason wanting to cut it yet, maybe if something serious comes up. Until then, no cutting for me!
Question 9 – What’s your typical bad hair day or do you ever have one?
Nikki – Hehe, I do have bad hair days but the only good about it, is that no one really recognizes when my hair is a mess lol.
Question 10 – What advice will you give people thinking of going natural? 
Nikki – Every hair type and texture is different. Some people have the strongest and most difficult hair one can think off, while other have really soft hair. I will advice you know your texture and ask yourself if it will be possible to manage it without breaking the bank. After that, the choice is yours.

Images:instagram
Credit: Stylevitae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DENIM INSPIRED WEEKEND LOOKS

Tips on becoming a "Pro" Kisser

GETTING RID OF STRETCH MARKS NATURALLY